September 2011 Newsletter
The next generation of REALIST®!
Sandicor is excited to announce the launch of the next generation of Realist®, an enhancement and upgrade to our current tax data solution! Not only did CoreLogic update their software to be browser neutral, but they also implemented new technologies that satisfy end-user requests and needs.
On September 20, Sandicor began a 90-day roll out of the new Realist®. This product is a blend of stunning design, intuitive technology and innovative thinking that delivers a remarkable user experience! With the new Realist® expect to access product tools that convey a solid sense of market and consumer knowledge, such as integrated Tax and MLS information, dynamic mapping capabilities, and professional reports with detailed graphs, maps and more!
In an effort to make this transition easy and convenient, there will be dual access to both the current product, now referred to as Classic Realist®, and the new, upgraded product, now referred to as just Realist®, for approximately 90 days. Training classes will be offered at the Service Centers as well as online tutorials. We encourage participation in the upcoming training classes, as the new Realist® is noticeably different in both look and functionality.
Sandicor looks forward to introducing our Subscribers to the new Realist®!
FUSION™, it keeps getting better
In July, the next phase of FUSION™ was released and included several functions that Sandicor Subscribers were waiting for! Subscribers using FUSION™ now have the ability to create:
- Add/Edit Listings
We anticipate the next phase of release to be available in November! Subscribers can expect:
- The ability to upload multiple images for a single listing at once!
- Add a Recent Website Activity gadget and email notifications to the login page.
- Use of the Recent Website Activity gadget and email notifications will display recent Gateway activity and generate agent notification email based on things like a client adding a note or marking a property as a favorite!
In case you’re not familiar with FUSION™, it is the next generation of MLS software, which is an ALTERNATIVE to TEMPO™ in accessing Sandicor’s MLS data! This is a new MLS interface that provides a fast, fun, and easy MLS experience emphasizing searches (multiple searches at the same time), agent/client collaboration, home page personalization, and more!
If you own a MAC or PC, or prefer using Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE works too, then FUSION™ is a great option! Remember, FUSION™ is an alternative user interface option and NOT a conversion! Sandicor subscribers have a CHOICE of utilizing either FUSION™ or TEMPO™ when accessing the MLS database.
OPTIMAL SEAREARCH RESULTS
Sandicor encourages Participants and Subscribers to broaden their searches for optimal results.
Here are some valuable TEMPO™ tips TO FIND MORE PROPERTIES:
- Include the Contingent Status in your Active searches.
- Contingent Status is not specific to Bank Owned and Short Sale Listings.
- Listings with accepted offers that include a 72 hour first right of refusal clause are also included in the Contingent Status.
- Expand your property search to include closely related property types that your buyer may not have considered. For example, a potential buyer might desire a detached home, but perhaps not considered twinhomes or townhomes.
- Looking for a home with land? Include Manufactured Homes and/or Modular Homes to your searches!
iPad apps for your business!
You can access the Sandicor MLS with your iPad! Currently, there are three Apps that enable access to the Sandicor MLS data. Follow these easy steps and you'll be on your way to using your iPad for MLS related needs:
1. Sandicor Mobile App
- You must have an active Internet Connection
- Go to the Apple App Store and search for a Mobile App called Sandicor.
- Download and install.
2. Puffin (for running Adobe Flash which is required for FUSION™)
- You must have an active Internet Connection
- Go to the Apple App Store and search for a Mobile App called Puffin
- Download and install
- Go to www.sandicor.com and click on the FUSION™ icon
3. Jump Desktop
- Available from the Apple App store for $19.99
- Used for accessing your Windows Desktop or laptop remotely
- Allows you to connect your iPad to your PC desktop/laptop and access TEMPO™, FUSION™ and other programs remotely through your PC/laptop
- Requires registration for FREE Gmail email account
- Requires an active Internet Connection
- Requires active PC running specified systems such as Windows 2K, XP Professional/MCE, Vista Business/Ultimate/MCE, Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate, Windows Server 2003/2008r2
- MACs are ONLY supported if you're running any of the above operating systems under Parallels, VMWare or Bootcamp
New features with bing maps
Effective July 2011, the Map Road style in TEMPO™/FUSION™ has changed! Bing Maps have a new format that is both comprehensive and user-friendly.
You'll discover several functional additions, such as custom mapping layers! This means you are able to add a variety of custom layers to a map, including Parcel Lines, Zip Code, City, School District, Transit Routes, and even Bike Routes/Lanes!
CoreLogic/MarketLinx and Sandicor have worked with various resources to provide this functional and useable interactive map experience! We are pleased to add this feature to the various services associated with TEMPO™/FUSION™, which are provided as part of membership with Sandicor!
You can't do that!
Sandicor uses the MLS System Message, email blasts, iCheck software, and the newsletter to communicate with participants and subscribers regarding rules infractions, reminders and updates. The following are the top “violation trends” that the rules department has been tracking. Each violation is accompanied by its corresponding Sandicor Rules and Regulations section:
- Agent contact information in the remarks or supplemental remarks (12.5)
- Website addresses in the remarks or supplemental remarks, this includes government programs websites and HOA websites which are not allowed (12.5)
- Showing instructions or reference to vacancy or lockbox in the remarks or supplemental remarks (12.5)
- Not having the proper language in the confidential remarks for commission reductions by lenders on a short sale (7.15.2)
- Requests made by the listing agent for the buyer’s agent to split the cost of a third party such as negotiator or transaction coordinator (7.15.2)
- The attachment feature being used to convey information to the buyer’s agent which may be contrary to the rules, such as commission reductions or conditions (7.12)
- No photo after 72 hours (11.7.1)
- Photos that are not of the subject property or view from the subject property (11.7)
- Missing required approximate room size dimensions (7.11)
- Incorrect sales price – including concessions back into the sales price (8.3)
- Requests for non-disclosure of REQUIRED sales price (8.1, 10.1.2)
- Registered Assistants utilizing Sandicor as a salesperson (4.4)
Now is the time to review your current inventory and ensure your listings are in compliance. Please feel free to contact the Rules and Regulations Department with any questions you may have 858-373-4011.
Photo first impressions!
You only have once chance to make a first impression! For Sandicor Subscribers, that first impression might be the photograph(s) you choose to include as part of your listing(s). A fellow agent or even a member of the public utilizing a real estate website will have an immediate emotional reaction when viewing the photos you have chosen to submit. That initial reaction may result in a phone call, a visit to the property or perhaps an offer. But what happens if the photo is blurry, was taken from a bad angle, or simply doesn't exist? Keep in mind, buyers often begin their search on the Internet and according to recent surveys, the most important features of a real estate website are PHOTOS!
Go ahead, put your best photos forward! You can include up to 25 photos for each of your listings in TEMPO™. Remember, these photos must be of the subject property only, may not include any text, personal advertising or promotion as well as people or pets.
Sandicor would like to remind all Subscribers about their training options for not only TEMPO™ and FUSION™, but also for other products like Sandicor Mobile and Realist Tax. Subscribers have the following choices for fulfilling needed product/service information:
- Attend a class at your local Service Center that is taught by one of the Sandicor instructors. Class dates for the Service Centers can be found on Sandicor’s Training Calendar (www.sandicor.com), with registration taking place on the relevant Association of REALTOR® websites, or via a phone call/email to the Service Center
- Brokers/Office Staff can schedule a Sandicor trainer to visit your office and teach a class with a minimum of 5 attendees
- Watch a live webinar from the comfort of your home or office. Note, these webinars are interactive! That means with the proper equipment, you can ask questions and receive relevant answers!
- View a recorded training video at any time of day or night
- Download one of the many user guides from the Training section of www.sandicor.com.
- Remember, all of Sandicor's training classes, webinars, recorded training videos, and online materials are provided as part of membership with Sandicor. Contact the Sandicor Training Department via a telephone call (858-373-4014) or email (email@example.com).
All Sandicor Subscribers need to ensure their personal contact information is both accurate and current. Call your Service Center to make any needed changes.